- Explore a panoramic road, passing through the High Atlas via the pass Tichka, at 2260 m altitude.
- Visit Casbah Ait Ben Haddou and the fortified village of Kasbah.
- Discover the charm of the Ouarzazate city.
- Pass through Berber town of Agdez and the Draa Valley with its palm procession.
- Experience the shifting sand dunes on the back of a camel, sleep under a canopy of stars, and follow in the footsteps of Hollywood royalty on a visit to the world heritage village of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Magical night, around a fire at the camp after a traditional dinner.
- Sleep in a typical desert camp of the Sahara, see the sunrise and sunset from the back of a camel, and enjoy spectacular views of the legendary Casbahs and oases.
2 days zagora shared desert tours from Marrakesh is perfect for those who are short on time and wish to seize the opportunity to get introduced to desert in a 1 days from Marrakesh.
Our shared tour is organized in small groups not exceeding 17 tourist, mostly like- minded young travelers sharing the same values.
What to Remember
Please be sure to bring warm clothing in the winter (no sleeping bags are required), light clothing in the summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and trousers (for the camel trek). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for the trek as the saddles can cause skin irritation.
Day 1: Marrakech, Casbah Ait-BenHaddou, Ouarzazate, Draa-Valley, Zagora camp
The tour departs from Marrakech before 8:00 in a confortble air conditioned minibus.
After crossing the Atlas Mountains, we reach the first place of interest – Casbah Ait-BenHaddou (free entrance).
On the way to Ouarzazate we visit the Hollywood of Morocco, where many Hollywood movies are being filmed. There is a possibility to visit the Atlas film studios during the tour either on the first or the second day depending on your tour schedule. (There is about 3.00 euros entrance fee to the studio which is not included in the tour fee).
After visiting Ouarzazate, we continue the trip through the Draa-Valley and the beautiful Oasis.
When we reach Zagora, we take a camel ride into the desert to take us to our Berber desert camp.
If you do not wish to ride camels, you can walk with the guide or take the transport to the desert camp.
Our stay here includes accommodation in Berber bivouacs with full bedding, dinner and breakfast.
Day 2: Zagora, Draa-Valley, Ouarzazate, Marrakech
After a traditional Berber breakfast, we take early morning camel ride to explore the surrounding area and back to our vehicle.
We return back to Marrakech taking the road through the Draa-Valley, Ouarzazate and over the Atlas Mountains with many highlight stops on the way.
We reach Marrakech around 6 pm or 7 pm depending on traffic.
What is included
- Departure from your hotel or Riad in a private vehicle, driver speaking English
- Transport in minibus 17 seats, air-conditioned
- One night accommodation in camp
- Breakfast and dinner
- Walk in dromedary
This is not included:
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses